Customer Security Information
Our Commitment to Security
At Cross County Savings Bank, we recognize the importance of protecting your personal and financial information, and this is why we have taken and will continue to take steps to protect the sensitive/personal information that you have entrusted to us. We adhere to strict security measures to guard against unauthorized access to your sensitive information. For this reason, you will be asked to provide login credentials, authenticate your identity, and/or provide answers to security questions as part of our multi-layer authentication protocol for any portions of our website that contain non-public personal information. We also monitor activity to ensure customer security. But it’s also important that you take reasonable precautions to protect yourself against Identity Theft.
- Never give your personal financial information, including your Social Security number, account numbers or passwords, over the phone or the Internet unless you have initiated the contact or are confident you know who you’re dealing with.
- Never click on a link provided in an e-mail you believe may be fraudulent. If we communicate with you by e-mail, you should not expect to see any links in our e-mails that ask you to access our website using the embedded link. Therefore, you should never click on such a link since it is probably from a fraudster. Instead, visit our company’s website by typing in the website’s address or using a page you have previously bookmarked.
- Review account statements regularly to ensure that all charges are correct. If your statement does not arrive or arrives past the time you would ordinarily receive it, call us to find out why. Take advantage of Online Banking to periodically review activity online and identify suspicious activity.
- Shred personal financial documents such as charge receipts, credit applications, insurance forms, or any other important materials.
- Keep your Social Security Card in a safe place and only give out the number when absolutely necessary.
- Don’t carry your banking related security information with you, such as Personal Identification Numbers (PINs) and login credentials – memorize them and keep them in a safe, secure location.
External ResourcesFDIC NYS Consumer Protection Board Federal Trade Commission Identify Theft Social Security Fraud Reporting US Postal Inspectors Mail Fraud Information
Online Banking Security:
Please visit our Online Banking Security page to read about the encryption level and system requirements to access online banking.
What to do if you receive a suspicious email:
- If you think you’ve received a suspicious e-mail claiming to be from Cross County Savings Bank forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can conduct an investigation for you.
- If you doubt the validity of any method of communication from us, such as telephone call, mailing or other form of contact, or if you think you may have already clicked a link or otherwise communicated with a fraudster, please contact us immediately either by calling us at 718-326-6300, e-mailing us at email@example.com or visiting your local branch.
Steps You Should Take If You Believe Your Identity Has Been Stolen:
If you suspect your identity has been stolen, please take the following steps immediately:
1. Place a fraud alert on your credit reports. Call any one of the three major credit bureaus to help prevent an identity thief from opening additional accounts in your name.
As soon as the credit bureau confirms your fraud alert, an alert will automatically be placed by all credit bureaus, and all three reports will be sent to you free of charge. Once you receive these reports, review them carefully for any incorrect information, particularly accounts you didn’t open or unexplained debts.
2. Close any accounts that have been tampered with or opened fraudulently.
3. File a report with your local police or the police in the community where the identity theft occurred. Keep a copy of the report.
4. To report a lost or stolen ATM or VISA® Debit Card, please contact us immediately as follows:
- During our normal business hours (Mon. – Fri. 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., excluding federal holidays), by calling (844) 862-6308;
- After normal business hours, by calling (800) 472-3272;
- If you are located outside of the United States, by calling collect (973) 682-2652; or
- By calling or visiting your local Cross County Savings Bank branch.
- Account Opening Disclosure Packet
- Business Checking Account Disclosure
- Community Business Checking Account Disclosure
- Community Business Savings Account Disclosure
- Customer Security Information
- Preferred Business Checking Account Disclosure
- Premier Business Money Market Account Disclosure
- Senior Advantage Checking Account Disclosure
- USA Patriot Act
- Website Privacy Statement